Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rusted Root

Last night I went to see Rusted Root at the Rave. I have seen them 3 or 4 times there. But the are a good live band. I am not the biggest fan in the world. I really only know about 4 or 5 songs. But they always play their classics. This isn't a picture from last night, but from two years ago at Summerfest.
One of the best parts about last night was that I opted to get the VIP balcony seats. They were $35. The general admission tickets were $29. But in the VIP balcony that bar was serving $0.25 beers and $1.00 mixed drinks. Granted the mixed drinks were all rail stuff, but those same drinks were $8.00 at the bars outside of the VIP area. So after one drink I was already ahead. I went with my friend, Liz. I went up to the bar to get two rum and cokes for myself and a water for Liz. The total was $5.50. I spent more on the water than the mixed drinks. Weird. Anyhow, as I mentioned, they played their standards hits, Send Me On My Way, Ecstasy, Back to Earth, Beautiful People. I was pleasantly surprised to hear them do a cover of Elvis' Suspicious Minds. And in the encore, the covered Neil Young's Cinnamon Girl, with which they did a great job with. The Rave is such a great venue to see a show, it is so small and you are right on top of the stage. Plus I don't think the place was anywhere near capacity so there was plenty of room to move around. We ended up just staying up in the balcony off to the left side of the stage and had a great view of band the entire show.

No comments: