Monday, December 15, 2008

MKA Day

Here is a little update on my cousin, M.K.A. He and the rest of the University of Wisconsin Whitewater Warhawks, went down to Belton, Texas this past weekend and took care of business. They put the top seated, Mary Hardin Baylor College, in their place with a 39 - 13 thumping. The Warhawks reward for posting this victory, a trip to the Stagg Bowl in Roanoke, Virginia. The Stagg Bowl is the Championship Game for Division III Football. I unfortunately will be unable to attend. I have all of my vacations this winter tied up in ski trips out west and gambling excursions to Las Vegas. The game is to be televised on ESPN2 Saturday at 10:00 a.m. I have decided, with some encouragement from M.K.A., to have a little gathering for the game. We all know the last thing we want is for Dan to throw a party. That is the curse of death for any team for which you root. I haven't really put any planning into it. Most likely I will just order some pizzas at noon. I will be sending out an Evite, but if I don't have your email and you would like to attend leave a comment here. With the right turn out, there is an excellent change that this will lead into a table or two of sheepshead and possibly a friendly game of speed quarters later in the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a negative tootsie for M.K.A... pictures don't lie. Hopefully he will have more in his favor on Saturday.