Thursday, April 15, 2010

Clash of The Titans

Saturday night I went to see Clash of the Titans in 3D. I didn't think that the 3D was quite as good as that of Avatar. But it was still pretty amazing to watch. I saw it at The Ridge in New Berlin, and I was three rows up in the stadium seating, but there were more rows on the floor than usual, so I probably should have sat in the floor seats. But after I sat down I felt like a dork moving, so I stayed put.
The story itself was just OK. It is loosely based on Greek mythology. That our world was created by Zeus, the leader of the Gods of Mount Olympus And his human son, Perseus, is the one to save our world from total destruction. Their is also a tie in with Hades (God of the Underworld) and the brother of both Zeus and Poseidon. You can do a little too much thinking during the movie and contemplate why we are all here. The one bothersome part of the movie to me was that a sword was sent to Perseus by the Gods to use, but throughout the whole movie he refused to use the sword. Yet he continued on this journey where it was known that he would continue to face obstacles. Obstacles which were much easier to overcome with this sword from the Gods. Perseus takes the stand the entire movie that he wishes to be non-violent / non-confrontational. Which is all well and good, but if you know you are going to be faced with the best that Hades can throw at you, even if you wish to be passive, being prepared and able to protect yourself as best you can, seems like a no brainer. He eventually comes around to my way of thinking 2/3rds of the way through the movie. It was a very good movie, but still "Less Than Spectacular". I give it a 6 out of 10.

No comments: