Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend Ahead

Last weekend was nothing more than laying low. I called it the calm before the storm. I have something going nearly every weekend now until August. Tonight is Cake. I saw them a couple years ago at the Riverside on New Years Eve.At that concert I ended up in the front row. I was resting my beer on the stage while I took this picture with my phone. Imagine if I had said that sentence 10 years ago. "I took a picture with my phone."
Back in college I remember a group of us took a trip down to Chicago. It was my second year which would have made it 1993 and it was right after ATMs came out. But as you know here in Wisconsin we called them Tyme Machines. I am downtown Chicago and I needed to get some money, but couldn't find an ATM, so I started asking people. "Do you know where I can find a time machine?" Every person looked at me like I was crazy, but from their point of view I guess I could understand how I came off looking like a lunatic. Anyhow, back to where I was. Cake is tonight and that should be fun.

Lyric of the day:
Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
Consider me a satellite, forever orbiting.
I know all the rules, but the rules don't know me.
Guaranteed

No comments: