Friday, April 09, 2010

Have a Good Weekend

Yes, this is a little bit later than normal for me. I have slowly been trying to morph myself back into "Mr. Fitness". I have always said that the life of a healthy person is quite boring. I am setting my sights on taking part in the Elkhart Lake Triathlon on June 12th. So far the only training I have been doing is biking.
There is an excellent chance that I won't get into the water for any kind of swimming until the day of the race. Who am I kidding, I am not a strong swimmer, at least compared to other triathletes. Joe six pack (6 pack of beer not 6 pack abs) I am pretty sure I would smoke in the water.
Back to the biking, I have gone biking 13 of the last 14 days. But it still feels like I am biking through sand. I usually either bike up and down the Honey Creek Parkway, or if there isn't a Brewer Game down and around Miller Park and back. Either one is taking me in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 minutes. My goal for the race is to average 20 mile per hour on the bike. I would need to cut the parkway time down to 18 minutes and Miller park down to 21 minutes to reach my goal. Fat chance of that. I also think my bike needs a tune up. In fact I think my front rim is actually bent some. Bubs, if you are out there, you need to get a bike and start riding. Preston is planning on doing the Pewaukee triathlon in July. I am planning a longer ride both Saturday and Sunday.
Running is a big question mark. When I saw my doctor two weeks ago, he told me, "As long as you feel good, you can return to your normal activities." I asked him about running and he told me to take it very easy. I might try running a mile this weekend. That should tell me alot about what the future holds for me. Lately after bike rides my back has felt great.
Weekend plans, I don't really have any. Sunday I am planning on meeting up with Tom Brady and company for some tailgating and the Brewer game. I hope Jason Burac is going to be there.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

Soon buddy. I've got a bike, now I just need some pedals. The guy who is letting me borrow the bike took the pedals off as they were the kind that shoes lock into. My mom is going to put the pedals from her mountain bike on it. Maybe by Sunday we can ride.

Anonymous said...

Started the weekend off great. I didn't see you last night so I'm thinking you weren't at the concert. We went to the hockey game and after the game KC and the Sunshine Band gave a great concert. Yes, it was 70's disco but still really fun.
Annie