Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Father's Day weekend, especially all of the fathers out there. My weekend ran like this. Friday I was at my brother, Jon's, house for some sheepshead. Since Jon saved me at the Freeman Party, I pretty much have to do whatever he says, at least for the foreseeable future. Saturday I got in a bike ride and a swim. It appears that I am regressing. My bike time was 4 minutes worse than my time the previous week. After my workout, I started Uncle Rick's Boot Camp with my nephew, Jared. Jared is starting his training for football season. After the first day's workout he told me that I am the worse uncle ever and that working out with me was the worst experience ever. After boot camp I picked up Borky and we headed to Maggie's Birthday party. I finished up Saturday by giving ping pong lessons at Nate's. Father's Day I got in a bike ride for my triathlon training and then held a second day of Uncle Rick's Boot Camp for my nephews. Then the celebration of fatherhood began. I was at Jon and Julie's for a pool party. The entire family was present with the lone exception of Jody. It turned out to be the first games of pool volleyball. I organized some games for the kids in the pool. The fastest swimmer was Ethan. The biggest splash went to Lindsey. The longest hand stand was also Ethan. And I forgot who held their breath the longest. I said a number of times that it was too bad that it was a Sunday night, or the party would have gone on much much longer. Here are your pool photos, sorry ladies, but there aren't any pictures of yours truly shirtless in this collection. Maybe at the next pool party.
This was the start of one of the races. Pickle with his game face.Here are all 10 kids in order. This led to another set of nicknames their number in order of birthday. From right to left they are: Nicholas (a.k.a. Pickle, No. 1) Zackary (a.k.a. No. 2) Lindsey (a.k.a. Boomer, No. 3) Ethan (a.k.a. "E", Auggie, No. 4) Jared (a.k.a Crusher, No. 5) Abby (a.k.a. Princess, No. 6) Sarah (a.k.a. No. 7) Erin (a.k.a. Fuss, No. 8) Josh (a.k.a. No.9 (Jack Daniels?)) and Joey (a.k.a. No. 10)Pickle.ZackZack again.BoomerBoomer in the biggest splash contest.AuggieCrusherPrincessPrincess again.SarahFussJoshJosh againThis was the biggest splash finals Crusher vs. Boomer.The resulting splashes. Boomer was again the winner. I had all of the kids line up in order and then jump into the pool.

Lyric of the Day:

You know I'm a dreamer,

But my heart's of gold.

I had to run away high,

So I wouldn't come home low.

No comments: