Monday, June 28, 2010

Wiffleball

I believe this is the 4th year that I have played in the Legends Wiffle Ball Game. Mike Braun, whom, I went to high school with, puts together the game every year at his parents house. It is much like the Freeman Party in that there are new improvements every year. This year the "small monster" was erected to make the short porch to right field a bit more formidable. Here is the view from home plate.Every year at least one professional athlete is laid to rest. This all started back in 1979 when Thurmun Munson died and they buried his baseball card in the woods behind the house. This year two athletes were put to rest, Steve McNair and Robin Roberts. Here is the Steve McNair card.Here is the Steve McNair coffin.Here is the actual sports cemetery. You can see the Mark Fidrych head stone from last year.Here is the ceremonial first pitch. We even have the National Anthem. This year played by Jimi Hendrix.Here is Mike, my good friend from high school.Here is Bob, who I met through Mike. Bob and I were roommates throughout most of college. Mike's brother Bill.Mike's brother, Paul.The four brothers, Paul, Mike, Joe and Bill.I think first pitch was about 1:30 and the last game completed at around 8:30. 7 hours of wiffleball. That is alot of wiffleball. My team dropped the first two games. I think in the second game we lost 24-6. But we made a comeback and eventually tied the series at 2-2. The fifth and final game was the closest of all games. My team was down 8-9 in the top of the ninth with two outs and I was up to the plate. I hit what was easily a single, but I tried to stretch it into a home run and got thrown out sliding into third, for the third and final out of the day. Here is my battle scar from the day. This is the result of being out at home, safe at second and lastly out at third over the course of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buddy use a real wiffle bat not one of those lame fatty 5 year old kid bats.

;-)

-borky

Rickie Davies said...

Not all of us are as talented as you buddy.