Thursday, June 03, 2010

Who's The Donkey Now?

Sunday morning I went out for a bike ride. I really enjoy the Sunday bike ride. Normally there isn't any traffic. My normal training ride in Milwaukee is to head down Bluemound from my house to Miller Park, then I make a loop around Miller Park to Canal Street and take that all the way down to the Harley Museum, then double back. Well it was Sunday, and I didn't get off the earliest of starts. It was around 10:00 in the morning. I remember as I was entering the Miller Park area, where else in the world can you see people tailgating before most people are out of church. Weird.

Anyhow on to the topic of this postings. As I was heading around the Miller Park parking lots, I noticed this guy who was jogging towards me. I remember thinking who is this donkey? He had on a set of headphones, sunglasses, shorts and shoes. Who would be running here? Then I thought "Who am I to be talking? I am wearing sunglasses, headphones, a camel pak and I am down on my profile bars of my bike as I make the rounds around the parking lots." Then as I got closer, and just before I passed this clown who was running, I realized who it was. Trevor Hoffman. Granted this would have been a better story last year.

Lyric of the Day:
What have they done to the earth?
What have they done to our fair sister?
Ravaged and plundered and ripped her and bit her,
Stuck her with knives in the side of the dawn,
And tied her with fences and dragged her down.

No comments: