Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Weekend That Was

This picture is actually from last Thursday. Liz invited me to her daughter's birthday party at Conejitos. I haven't been to Conejitos since I dropped that paint can down my basement stairs. Although I told Liz, "Now that I made it to the 16th birthday party, I had better be invited to the 21st birthday party."Friday after work, I took a walk down to Dyer Field which two blocks from my house to watch Tom Brady coach the KM JV baseball team. I didn't get to see the entire game, I had to leave early, but they won, 13-4. I was actually a bit surprised how involved Tom Brady is during the game. In fact he was calling every pitch from the bench.Tom Brady getting friendly with the umpire between innings, now I know how they won.I had to leave the game Friday early so that I could help Justus pick up some new bathroom fixtures at Hobo. The only time I ever hear from Justus is when he needs my help hauling something. I will say this for Justus, whenever you do something with him, it gets a little exciting. We had just loaded everything into my truck and Justus was returning the cart. He was walking back to his car with a big smile on his face, then behind him I see the cart he just returned, rolling down the hill and headed for the middle of Highway 100. Then I saw a stranger in a full sprint running after the cart to keep it from going into the road. Nice work Justus. The remainder of Friday was a fish fry at the Machine Shed with Justus and Amanda. Then I stopped at my sister's house to watch the remainder of the Brewer Game.

Saturday was a pretty big day for me. I biked the triathlon course. I pushed it pretty hard and was still only able to finish in just over 50 minutes. My goal is to get that time down to 45 minutes, but I don't see it happening. I know, I know, just pedal faster. After the bike ride, I stopped at my aunt's for a swim in the lake. I made it across the bay and back (about 1/4 mile) in 10 minutes 45 seconds, which is about my normal time for that swim. While I was swimming I was thinking about how I am going to die. Here is my prediction for my own demise. At the age of 57 while attempting to once again run a triathlon, most likely because Krum is still doing them, I will have a heart attack while swimming and I will drown. Pretty grim.
I made it back home in time to catch the US vs England Soccer game. I will get into the World Cup in a later post. After the game I headed down to Miller Park. Joe and Dawn came with a group from Madison to go to the Brewer game. I tailgated with them for a good 2 to 3 hours before the game. My plan wasn't to go into the game, but then Preston called me and offered me a ticket to the game. My plan was to tailgate and then head down to the Harley Museum to check out the Tattoo Convention. So I went into the game. Roman and Amy were also sitting with us. They were great seats, but I don't know that I am a fan of sitting in the Club seats. I am more of a bleacher guy. But thank you to Roman and Preston for the ticket. I did have fun, I hope they did too. I don't think I got too out of hand. Here is the view from our seats.
Sunday I didn't accomplish too much. Some laundry, some grocery shopping, a bike ride and a lot of couch time.

Lyric of the Day:
We skipped the light fandango,
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor,
I was feeling kinda seasick,
But the crowd called out for more,
The room was humming harder,
As the ceiling flew away,
When we called out for another drink,
And the waiter brought a tray.

No comments: