Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bob's Bald Head

Bob gave me this picture when I saw him at the Whiffleball Game. I don't think I have told this story. This is one of the funnier sober stories from college. Although as I look at the picture I don't know how sober everyone was, because there is a bottle of Busch Light on the table in the background. I am going to make and educated guess that this happened in 1995. I was living in the attic sharing the house with Bob, Todd and Kevin. I don't think that Mark was living there at the time. It was like a Tuesday, just an average regular day at college. I came home from class and started making some mac and cheese. You can see I am in the back ground eating out of the pan. Bob wanted to get a flat top hair cut. Todd, who had no hair cutting experience at all, told Bob he could cut his hair for him. I can't say that it ever really looked that good. It was sort of a flat top, but it wasn't level. So then Kevin took a shot at fixing the unlevel flat top. All that Kevin was able to do was make it unlevel the opposite way. Then Todd gave it one more shot, but by this time, Bob had run out of hair and they were down to the top of Bob's head. I remember Bob asking me what I think he should do. I told him, "If it was me, I would just shave my whole head." So that is what happened, Todd shaved him down to the scalp. Lyric of the Day:
Is this not enough?
This blessed sip of life,
Is it not enough?
Staring down at the ground.
Oh, then complain and pray for more from above,
You greedy little pig.
Stop, just watch your world trickle away,
Oh, it's your problem now.
We'll all be dead and gone in a few short years.
Just love will open our eyes,

Just love will put the hope back in our minds,
Much more than we could ever know.
Oh, so don't burn the day away,
Don't burn the day away.

No comments: