Friday, November 28, 2008

Bob's Haircut

This story came up this past weekend. I thought I would pass it along to my readers. When I was in college, I lived with Bob, Todd and Kevin. One day Bob decided that he wanted to get a flat top hair cut. Mind you this was the mid 90s. We were all pretty poor and I think that Todd had convinced Bob that he could perform this service for Bob. They were going to do this after class one day. We were all in the house and I recall that Todd was cutting Bob’s hair in the kitchen. I was watching out of morbid curiosity. Todd did a decent job on the sides, but the flattop part just wasn’t happening and he couldn’t get it straight. After a while, Kevin took over, but Kevin got the flattop slanted the opposite way. Kevin and Todd continued to take turns, with head turn, the slanted top saw sawed each way. Finally Bob ran out of hair and he was down to the scalp at the very top of his head. Bob eventually looked in the mirror and didn’t like what he saw at all. I recall him proclaiming “What the “F”? You guys are butchering me.” Then he turned to me and asked, “Davies, what do you think?” I said, “If it was me, I would just shave my head balled.” Bob looked at me and said, “Really.” I said, “Oh yeah, it can’t look any worse.” Next thing you know, Bob is in the bathroom with shaving cream all over his head. I know that pictures exist somewhere. I think Bob has them. But I remember from the pictures, that as they were cutting Bob’s head, you could see me in the back ground, making and then eating Mac and Cheese.

No comments: