Friday, November 21, 2008

Natesgiving

Well we are down to a week until one of my favorite holidays, Natesgiving. Let me get to the legend of Natesgiving. It all started a number of years ago, when I believe both Andy and Nate lived with me. Nate was at the grocery store one day and took note of the price of turkeys. He came home and said to me "Can you believe that turkeys are only 0.39 f'ing cents a pound?" I said, "No." He said, "Yep, they are. And I am going to cook it on Friday." I said, "Have fun." And with that short conversation Natesgiving was born. Nate cooks a mean bird, and as the legend has grown and more people have shown up, more birds are required, to the point where Eric has been called in to lend a hand in the cooking. However, despite all of the food, which is always fantastic, my favorite part of the "holiday" is watching Nate slowing get highly intoxicated over the course of the day as he drinks and cooks all day. Recently there has been quite a bit of chatter about the Natesgiving celebration. Most of it occurred during my "Welcome Back to Milwaukee" party. In fact many people told me that the party should be back at my place. I have no problem with this at all, however, I do now realize that I will need more than 6 cases of beer. So is it time to have another Natesgiving? As my memory serves there has yet to be a Natesgiving while Elery, Nate's son, has been alive. According to my records, the last one took place in 2005. Obviously this is all up to Nate. I suggest if you are in favor of a Natesgiving celebration this year, that you will have to email Nate directly, as I can not put Nate into the category of being a "loyal blog reader".
I know I probably shouldn't give out Nate's email, but since he gave my phone number to "Freeway", I feel I owe him, so here it is:

My gut feeling here is that Natesgiving will not happen. But I have been wrong before. Here are my top three reasons that Nate will give out for not having Natesgiving.
1. I am really busy at work.
2. Michel is sick.
3. Elery is sick.

It is really weird but all my friends that get married and have kids suddenly all get larger work loads at their jobs, and their families all become much more susceptible to illness. Sounds like fun.
Should there be a Natesgiving?
Yes, I will break the wishbone.
No, Nate is too grown up for such a thing.
I would rather have an Oakland Gyro.
Free polls from Pollhost.com