Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

From what I have been hearing and seeing, it is sounding more and more like the day before Thanksgiving is a throw away day, just like the day after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I am working today. Here are my plans for this long 4 day weekend that I am really looking forward to. Tonight, I have a soccer game at 10:00 p.m. And this is the only night of the year that the team goes out to the bars after the game. Thanksgiving Day is at my parents house. I am hoping to get some sheepshead in, other than that just eating and watching football. I can recall years gone past when we were cutting deer on an full scale, and we would start out the Thanksgiving Day but cutting up 10 deer in the morning. I am glad those days are far in the rearview mirror. Friday I have nothing planned at all. This day has, in the past, been known as Natesgiving. But I haven't heard of any plans for a Natesgiving, so anything that happens would have to be last minute. For Saturday, a card game is in the makings. But I am planning on subbing in a bowling league for my aunt and uncle. Sunday should just be on the couch watching football. The biggest thing I am looking forward to this weekend is sleeping in, in my own bed for four mornings in a row. I hope everyone has a fantastic four day holiday weekend. Enjoy your bird.

No comments: