Sunday, November 09, 2008

Welcome Home Party

It is so nice to be back home. I had a lot of cleaning to do on the house, but it is all done for the most part. Friday night my brother, Dan, came out and helped me move in my new couch. It was the least he could do, since I have helped him move his sectional from the living room to the family room and then back one or two more times. Sunday was the first day that I actually got to spend any time on the couch and it was great. Thank you Jody for picking it out for me. Saturday I headed out to Whitewater to watch M.K.A. play. It was a close game, they squeaked out a 17-10 win. I would say it was a good game, but since they didn't manage to get a single first down in the second half, I can't. But it was exciting right down to the final play.
Here is M.K.A. in action #73. I don't know that M.K.A. would say that it was his best game. He did however manage to get 2 personal foul penalties on back to back plays. I asked him after the game if on the second penalty, which was hands to the face, if his hands just slipped off the other guys jersey and he clocked him in the face. Mike deadpanly replied "No."
Saturday night was my Welcome Back to Milwaukee Party. I want to thank everyone who came. I especially want to thank Liquid and Lynn for making the drive down from Minnesota for the party. I also want to thank everyone who brought food. Thank you Annie for the cookies. Thank you Coonens for the rocket. And a big thank you to my mom for the quilt you are making me. When it is done, I will get photos up on the blog. I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did. Although I always feel like I should be mingling more with the people at my parties. It is sort of hard because I want to talk to everyone at the party, and I never feel like I do that enough. But I was told the secret to throwing a good party a long time ago. Do the best that you can to prepare for the party and get the people there, and then it is up to them to have a good time. I do however want to apologize for running out of beer. I didn't think we would drink that much. Mind you I didn't run out of alcohol, just beer. Who would have thought that 5 1/2 cases wouldn't be enough for 30 people?
The highlight of the night was a fairly spirited game of speed quarters. It has been quite a few years since we have played down in my bar. Funny but the touch comes back pretty quick. Here is Pocahontas giving Papa Preston some pointers on his form.No personal fouls on M.K.A. in speed quarters, but I nearly had to call The General on a couple party fouls. Speaking of party fouls, P.O.E. got one for breaking a glass.
Another highlight of the night was The General entertain all with the story of how he got the nickname "The General".
In case you didn't make it to the party, he is a photo of my new purchase. Thanks again Jody. I think this is the first couch I have ever had that I can lay across without my feet touching either end.

Again thanks to everyone who showed up at the party. It is nice to know that I have so many family and friends around. It is also nice to know that my house actually contained all of you fairly well. But let just hope that it never rains during the Freeman Party.

No comments: