Friday, May 01, 2009

Close Call and Random Stuff

At the end of this month I will have lived in my house for 11 years. That sure is a long time. I recall when I bought the house, I said I will move on to another house within 5 years. But obviously that hasn't happened. In the 11 years, I have never really had much of a problem with crime. Quite a few years ago someone stole my grill. But I wasn't too broken up about it since that grill was a hand me down. That was the worst thing that has happened to me. A couple of years ago, someone broke into one of my neighbor's garage and spray painted their car. I know that both Jota and Bubs had someone go into their cars and take change out of their ashtrays. Yesterday as I went out to my garage, as I opened my garage door I was met by my neighbor, Dan. He asked me, "Did they get you too?" I said "No. What are you talking about?" I then followed him into his garage, where the night before someone broke into his locked garage and proceeded to smash the both windows on the driver's side, and the rear window of his 2006 Mercedes that he just bought two months ago. They tried to rip the rear speakers out. And the baseball bat that they used to smash the windows was still sticking out of the rear window. I was also informed that another neighbor who parks in the alley had the passenger window of his truck smashed in. My heart skipped a beat as I walked back into my garage to double check that nothing happened in my garage and thankfully nothing did. And I never lock my garage door. That is until now. In fact it was probably the first 5 or 6 years that I lived at my house that I never even locked my house, well the front door was locked, but the side door was always open. So that all sucks.

Here are a couple quick random thoughts.

So far this year, I have as many major league hits as Brewers utility player Brad Nelson.

Is Tyler Perry funny? I know that he has a TV show and a couple of movies. And I have never really watched them, the jsut look stupid. Am I missing something?

I looked in my refrigerator this morning. I have hit this topic before, but it is pathetic. The door as always is full of condiments, but the only thing on the shelves are Tupperware containers of left over rice/vegetables, left over spaghetti, and a can of beer. I might post a picture, it is so sad.

I just checked the 10 day forecast. Despite some rain in the middle of next week, we should have great weather, with temperatures in the 60s. It is so nice to have normal weather. So start enjoying it we only have 4 maybe 5 months and it will be gone.

I have done next to nothing with my yard so far this spring. No fertilizer, no grass seed. I need to get it together, it is just over a month until the Freeman party. Speaking of the Freeman party, I have told people that I am mailing it in this year on the games. I have no creativity. Plus after the last party, I have no patience for the amount of crap dished out to me during the games, especially while trying to explain the relay games. So here is the list of games that I will be having, and there are no relays. This list is subject to change, but I doubt it.

The kids 3 legged race. The kids are allowed to pick their partners. If they can't find a partner I will assign one.
The adult 3 legged race. This is a co-ed event. You must be partners with whomever you are married to, or for that matter whomever you brought to the party. If you come to the party solo, I will assign a reasonable partner. I think the General is coming alone. It should be interesting trying to a girl that will stand next to him, let alone one who will allow herself to be tied to him.
Next are the aquatic events.
Kids, adult and senior division water balloon toss. I believe we set the age limit of the senior division at one year older than my sister, Deb. And you will have the same partners as in the 3-legged race.
Last year I really wanted to get the Rock Paper Scissors Tournament in, but I just ran out of time, in fact I did have a trophy made up for it. This year, it is happening for sure.
And finally the main event, the musical chairs contest. According to my records, the winners from the last party were: Lindsey, Liquid and Justin. As far as I know, Justin is the only one who might not be there to defend his title.
If someone has any other good ideas, please let me know.

As far as this weekend goes. Shockingly, I don't have much planned. Not because I don't want to do anything, it is just that my body can't handle much more than laying on the couch. The Breast Cancer walk is tomorrow. I have always done this walk in support of my friend, Linda, who has breast cancer. And I would do it, but to be honest, I don't think I could finish it.
Sunday is my niece, Sarah's first communion/birthday party. I won't be at the church service, one because I doubt I could handle sitting on a wooden pew, and two because the building might start shaking once I entered. But I will make an appearance at the party.

I am calling it that this will be the first great weather weekend of the year, so get out there and enjoy it.

4 comments:

Bubs said...

Maybe an outdoor card game in the backyard while listening to the Brewers and cooking on the grill? Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

A three leg race? Why would I need a partner? I have three legs, if you know what I mean, and I think you do...

Anonymous said...

I second Bub's suggestion

Eric said...

Now I'm going to have to give you crap about how you are tired of taking crap.