Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hump Day Update

Some quick random thoughts on this rainy Wednesday morning.

I am happy about the rain. I just put down grass seed and fertilizer on Sunday. Now I don't have to water the lawn. My goal is to get the yard looking decent by the Freeman party, so that it can get trashed and trampled and I can start all over again. Speaking of the Freeman party. I still have a number of people that haven't responded, but most of them are people that I send invites to, that usually don't make it to the party anyhow. I am predicting a turnout of around 100 people again. Monday night I cleaned the garage, so the Rave Party will be good to go. Again this is my disclaimer, I am not responsible for any seizures that your children experience upon entering the garage. I will probably get the trophies made up sometime this week.

NBA playoffs, is anyone watching them? I'm not, but I can tell you what I have been tuning in to, the NHL playoffs. Playoff hockey is great, especially in High Definition. Regular TV not so much, it is hard to follow the puck, but in HD it is great. I can actually ice skate fairly well. I am not going to make the claim that I am better than M.K.A., but I just marvel at watching these hockey players skate. They are so fluid in transitions between going backwards, to forward, and then back to backwards again. Tonight, Game 7, Ovechkin vs. Crosby. Must see TV. Or actually must see HDTV.

Last night I went grocery shopping. I actually like grocery shopping. I take my MP3 player and I am in my own little world. And with the self checkout, I don't have to talk to anyone, accept when I get that warning that there is an improper item in the bagging area, and I have to wait for the person with that card to come over, scan the card, enter a code and then everything is back to normal. Even though I have groceries, it doesn't make me a good cook. I think I have said this before, if it has more than 5 ingredients, I can't make it. Or at least make it taste good. While shopping I saw that fake lobster was buy one, get one free. I like fake lobster probably because I like cocktail sauce and the fake lobster makes a great vehicle for the cocktail sauce. I am a big ingredients reader while shopping. For the most part I try to stay away from anything that has high fructose corn syrup in it. The fake lobster stated on the front of the packaging that it "contains real lobster", but on the back under ingredients it also stated "contains less than 2% of the following: lobster, etc.". I still bought it. And had it for dinner.
My health, well I have another doctor appointment this afternoon. I should get the results of my X-rays. I am hoping they find something, otherwise I will most likely be headed for an MRI. At my last visit, the doctor gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer. yes, the drugs are helping but I am a long way from being back to normal. And isn't that everyone wants to see, me back to being normal? Maybe then I would have something to write about on this blog. Ideally I would like to see them find something on the MRI and then go in and rip out whatever is causing me so much pain. And then I would be back to my normal " idiot active" self by the end of June.


I don't want to jinx them, but the Brewers are only one game out of first place. They have a big series with St. Louis this weekend. After 33 games and 21 at bats, I still have as many major league base hits as Brad Nelson. Although he almost had a home run in Cincinnati. And I almost won the lottery last night. But neither of us did.

Is there anything else........Yes, I should have my truck sold by this weekend. 3 large for the Toyota. You probably know that I fear change. I miss my old truck. I liked the body style of my old truck. I think the new one looks too much like a Dodge. But here are some things that I don't miss about my old truck:
The seat belt light wouldn't turn off, even if I was buckled.
The check engine light wouldn't turn off.
The emergency brake wouldn't turn off. I had electrical tape over all of these lights.
The portable DVD Player on the dashboard.
The emergency brake didn't work.
Every summer freon had to be added to get the air conditioning working.
Both side view mirrors were cracked.
The body was rusting out.
The drain holes in the bed clogged up and the rain water would collect in the bed.
The front bumper was dented from trying to push Stegall or Tree into the intersection at a red light.
The tailgate didn't work. It was stuck in the up position.
It fit into my garage much easier. I think the new truck is a bit wider. I have about 2 inches of clearance on either side as I pull in.
The one thing that I miss about my old truck: It was paid for. But from what I have heard from others is that no one feels sorry for me, because I haven't had a vehicle payment for 7 years.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

I am waiting for the rain as well. I plantred some grass and am sick of watering it all of the time.

julie said...

You talk about your truck like it was your girlfriend for the last 7 years or a woobie you had when you were just a lad. Get over it! The rest of us have.

Rickie Davies said...

Bubs, You are growing weed? Don't let the cops find out. My lips are sealed.

Julie, Actually it was 12 years. And my truck was much better than any girlfriend. Unlike girlfriends, it was dependable, quiet, economical, lasted a long time, and best of all I could go in and out of it as many times as I wanted, whenever I wanted. And trust me, no girlfriend will ever last that long.