Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Prognosis Negative

Hold on to your horses. I do have some exciting news. I am not saying that this is good news. But it is exciting. I just got off the phone with my doctor. The radiologist has taken a look at my MRI. The diagnosis is that I have a disc herniation on my L5 S1. As you can see from the below illustration, at least I think this is correct, the herniation is putting pressure on the nerve and that is why I am in the pain that I am in. Treatment? Well he said I can get a cortisone shot, which I am already scheduled to have done in June. But that will not necessarily fix the problem. And it may take 2 or 3 shots to become effective. Or they can do surgery. Obviously, due to my current insurance status, I am going to wait until I get real insurance after this year to possibly go under the knife. I do know that I have a number of people affiliated with the medical profession, so if have any suggestions of other alternatives, I am all ears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest removing your spine and buying a new one.
Tree