Friday, June 19, 2009

Better Posts In The Future

Surely you must be kidding. Actually I am not kidding and stop calling me Shirley. Recently I haven't been much of a photog. And I think I know why. My camera stinks. I think it is somewhere in the range of 3 or 4 years old. I had the Olympus model that was shock proof and water proof. I never really tested out the shock proof part, but I put the camera to the test when it came to being around water. But it started acting up the last time I was down in Mexico. It didn't work for two days. One of my favorite bits was while in the pool, give a stranger the camera to take a picture and then when the stranger would give the camera back I would drop it into the pool as they handed it back to me. It always freaked them out a little bit. Recently I noticed that all of the pictures that I took with the camera had a blurry area in the middle of the pictures. I decided with, Tom Brady and Pocahontas' wedding this weekend, to get a new camera. I went with Olympus again because the battery and memory card would be the same. My old model was a 720 SW whatever that means, my new model is 1050 SW, again whatever that means. But I am guessing that the model number is higher so it is better. And this isn't much of a surprise but the new camera was half as expensive as the old one. How about this, here is a picture of the new camera taken with the old camera. And here is a picture of the old camera taken with the new camera.Can you tell any difference?

Plus I need to get moving on my Christmas card picture. We are nearing the half way point of the year and I do not have a picture yet. Sadly I place a lot of pressure on myself to get a good picture, and once I have the picture figured out, a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders.

No comments: