Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brewer Game

Last night I went to the Brewer game. It was something that I had been planning with my friends, K.O. and Trooper for a while. They are from Minnesota and are friends that I met through Krum. K.O. could best be described as a super cool chick. Although I am sure that reference is out of date. And Trooper is one of the nicest guys I have been around and really laid back. Not to mention one of the best soccer players with whom I have played.

K.O. and Trooper met me at my house and I gave them a quick tour of my house before we left. Here is the difference between guys and girls. I am sure many of my blog readers have had a tour of my house. One of the many highlights of the tour is the upstairs bathroom. For such a small bathroom, I have managed to cramp more needless amenities into it than any other person could imagine or would do. Most people, especially men are automatically drawn to the TV in the shower, but not K.O. She was impressed by the shampoo and conditioner dispenser which can be purchased at any local area Target store.

We headed down to the stadium and tailgated for a while. I brought a package of my dad's pizza brats, which I actually believe my brother, Jon, made. They are the best brats in the world. Nate had to work up until first pitch and then met us in the parking lot. There are few other people I would rather be around than Nate after he gets a couple drinks in him, and gets into story mode. Admittedly there was a time when I would have never made that statement. That was back in the day when Nate would get into story mode 2 or 3 times a weekend and he just kept repeating the same stories over and over again. But now Nate is married and a father, and he has matured and accepted the responsibilities that go along with both. So it is now a rarity to see Nate is story mode, it might happen once every month or two. And it is great to see. Plus, I don't know what it is, but the last couple of times he has been pulling out some yarns that even I have never heard before.

The Brewer game itself was a lot of fun. We got into the stadium in the top of the 4th inning. As always Nate hooked us up with great seats. Thanks again buddy, I owe you. We were in our seats until the 8th inning and then we walked around the stadium because neither K.O. nor Trooper had been to the stadium.

However, the highlight of the game was after Casey McGehee committed an error the directly led to 2 runs for the opposing team. He got unmercifully booed by the crowd. Although I am sure if asked, he would have said he deserved it. He then went on to hit a grand slam in the bottom half of the inning. I was happy to see that like myself, no one else in the crowd was going to sit down or stop cheering until he came out for a curtain call.

As I said in the eighth inning we went for a walk around the stadium. Nate took us up to his office and hooked K.O. and Trooper up with some bobble heads. Then we hit the Metavante Club until the end of the game and then they kicked us out of there when they wanted to close up. That lead us down to Friday's, we stayed there until we again got kicked out because they wanted to close up. I am pretty sure we were the last spectators to leave the stadium. There were only 3 other cars in the parking lot when we got to my truck. We headed back to my house and since Nate was out for the night he thought he was stay out a little longer. Back at my house we played some cribbage and listened to Nate tell stories. Nate had hooked his IPhone up to my stereo and we were listening to music off of it. I have to give Nate credit because he has the greatest ringtone for his wife, Michel. As we were hanging out in the kitchen Michel called Nate, and because the music was coming off of his IPhone, it stopped when she called and his phone rang. And it is perfect because his ringtone for her, it is that warning siren you heard in spy movies when the bad guys hidden lair is about to explode or when NORAD goes into def-con 5. The next time you see him, make him play that ringtone for you. You feel like the world is coming to an end when you hear it, and because it is Michel calling that very well could happen....well at least Nate's world. Just kidding Michel. Don't worry Michel doesn't read my blog anyhow. Here are last nights photos.

Me and Trooper on my front porch. Yes, I brought the beer bong along, but it actually didn't get used. After all is was a school night.Me and K.O.The heart and soul of the Brew Crew.Braun in action at the plate. I was hoping to get a home run picture but wasn't taking pictures when Mighty Casey was at the plate.The sausage race, I picked the hot dog and sure enough after sitting in 3rd at the turn, he turned it on to win at the wire.Here is Nate in his cubicle. This is where all the magic happens.Trooper celebrating with C.C.K.O. and Trooper in the Metavente Club.Down in Friday's shortly before we got kicked out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the fabulous hospitality Rickie---we had such a great time. Can't wait to visit you again! I will be sending you more photos to add to your collection.