Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Prognosis Negative Part II

I finally figured out how to save images off the CD I got from my MRI scan. And I thought I would share with you what it is that has been bothering me over the last couple months. After my consultation with Dr. Havlik here is her diagnosis. If you look at the red circle, this is where the disk herniation has occurred. As you can see it is basically pushing out the back and applying pressure on the nerve. It should look like the yellow circle, smooth between the vertebrae. Plus if you look at the disks above the one that is circled in red, you can see how the middle of the disks is a lighter color and dark at the edges, but the one that is circled red doesn't have a lighter color in the middle. It is also a bit more crushed than the other ones. If I didn't have this problem with the disk, I would probably be another 1/8 of an inch taller. Also you can see that the two vertebrae on either side of the disk aren't really lined up very well. The bottom one is shifted forward. That isn't good either.

No comments: