Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Recap

It was a pretty laid back weekend for me, and that was just fine. Friday night I fell asleep in the middle of the Brewer game on the couch. Saturday, I did some work around the house. I cleaned my gutters for the first time in a long long time. You can find some pretty interesting critters in the gutters. I stopped by the Shermans to pick up my firework shell launcher. I did some modifications to it. Last year I had the capability of launching 4 shells at once. This year, I will be able to launch 12. Saturday afternoon, I was by Jon and Julie. We got in some pool volleyball. Then headed out for some dinner. I finished off the evening with a stop in Dousman by the Thomes. It was Mark's birthday party so I made a brief appearance.

Here is a quick story about Mark Thome. In high school I played soccer with Mark, and he was always very aggressive. Maybe too aggressive. He always led the team in yellow and red cards, and from time to time he would get kicked out of games. Fast forwarding to college, in one of our houses we had a foosball table. And we played a lot. I started naming the players on our foosball table. Not all that surprisingly, eventually we broke one of the players on the foosball table. So there was one guy missing. I called that space where the player was suppose to be, Mark Thome, even though know on else in the house knew who Mark Thome was.

Sunday I didn't accomplish too much. My doctor, Doctor Havlik, has allowed me to do some biking riding. Although she has warned me about doing too much running. So I have been doing some biking as of late. Nothing crazy about 25 minutes a day. I don't know that my butt could take much more than that. "Over the year my butt has taken quite the pounding" (That is Me Myself and Irene for those who didn't get it). Anyhow back to my biking, Sunday morning I went for a ride. I normally just go down the Honey Creek Parkway and back. As I was heading back, I was climbing a very gradual hill, and this guy who appeared to be at least 10 years older than me, came cruising up along side me and then past me and made me look like I was searching for a parking spot. Pathetic.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. Pool volleyball. It was the Davies vs. the Jendes. I forgot who won. Here is Ethan with the serve. Oh and I proved that I can still jump over Ethan and into the pool. But this might be the last year. I will get video the next time I am pool side.Griffin with the serve.Towards the end of the evening with the Thomes, they broke out all of these weird hats. Here is Ehrgott sporting a fro.Oh and I have a new project for this summer. That is getting my nephew, Jared, in shape for football. His coach has sent out a sheet to follow all summer. Each day consists of 6 - 8 sprints and then a 1/2 mile jog. As I was running around on Saturday, I stopped by Jared to give him a little bit of a core workout and we did the sprints. I gave him a break on the 1/2 mile run since he went for a bike ride earlier that day. I am pretty sure that Jared has read my blog from time to time. So everyday I am going to ask him if he went for his run. Jared did you go for your run?
This is pretty cool. It is Mark's birthday present from his mom or his sister. It would be a huge hit tailgating at a Brewer Game.

1 comment:

Bubs said...

I want that mobile cooler!!