Monday, June 01, 2009

New Excuse For Being Late to Work

Everyone enjoys it when I do something stupid. It has been a while, but here is a new one. I have had a job since I was a freshman in high school. That calculates out to about 22 years. In that time I have quite a few jobs and with those jobs I have been late to work many times. There was one year where I actually forgot to change my clock for day light savings. Don't ask me how, but I did. This morning, I had a new excuse for being late. I went through my normal morning routine. I woke up, worked out real quick, took a shower, and started to get dressed. I have half of my clothes in the spare bedroom and the other half in the walk-in closet upstairs. I went upstairs to get a pair of pants but as I when I turned the handle on the closet door, the knob would not turn. You guessed it, I locked myself out my own closet. Yesterday I was doing some cleaning around the house in preparation for the party this Saturday and I vacuumed the whole house. Normally I keep that closet door open at all times. As I was vacuuming, I closed the door and somehow locked it from the inside without realizing it. I thought to myself, well that isn't a big deal, I will deal with the locked door when I get home from work. But yesterday I also took care of a bunch of laundry and put all of my clothes away, so every pair of pants that I own is in that closet. I ran down into the basement to grab some tools to take the door apart. I also grabbed my camera because I knew my blog readers would like to see this. I tried taking the door off at the hinges, but that didn't work. The next step was to drill a hole in the door and sawzall out the knob. I think I will use the door as a serving table for the party this weekend. Here is the door before I started in on it.Yes, I did try unlocking it. I jammed a screwdriver in to the slot, but nothing happened. The knob just kept spinning.Here I am drilling into the door. I really need to get myself healthy so I can get back to running. I am way out of shape.What an absolute joke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty funny..so much for putting your clothes away

SL

Bubs said...

That is F'n FANTASTIC buddy!

Borky said...

I locked myself outta my house yesterday, good thing I had pants on already