Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Movie Review

It has been a long time since I got in a movie review. I really haven't seen a movie, at least in a theater in what seems like forever. It can't be that I am too busy. I am going to blame it on a combination of being lazy and the fact that their aren't that many decent movies out that warrant the $8 - $10 admission price. But two weeks ago I was working in Appleton. We were working third shift and one afternoon I went to see Land Of The Lost. It is based on the Saturday Morning TV show that just creeped you out with those Sleestaks. Maybe it is because of the movie but a couple of days ago I was flipping through the channels and landed on Nickelodeon where they were showing an old Land of the Lost. The special effects were horrible. But back to the movie. I actually can't give you an honest movie review on this movie because as I mentioned it was during the day and I was working on a project. Over the course of the 1 hour and 41 minute movie, I received 4 work related calls that I had to take out in the hallway and I missed nearly a third of the movie. It seem like the only parts I saw were in the previews I saw on TV. But it is typical Will Ferrell. Was it entertaining? Sure. Was it funny? I guess. Was it laugh out loud funny? No. Danny McBride who plays Will Stanton just annoys me for some reason. He was in Pineapple Express and I didn't like that at all. Maybe that is why I don't like him. In reviewing my review of this movie, I have written a lot of words but really didn't say anything. I have even forgotten what my rating system was. But out of 1-10, it is a 4. Maybe a 5 if I had seen the movie completely through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the specials effects were pretty bad in the TV show. Next time, you should go see The Hangover.
Lisa