Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Garden of Eden???

This past weekend I was home. I was at my brother, Dan's, on Friday night to watch the first half of the Packer game. That was eye opening. If not for how the Packers played I probably would have had them at 9-7 by seasons end. Let's hope I was right to pick them to do as well as I think they will. Saturday I actually went into work for a couple of hours. I know it is a shock, but I am actually working quite a bit on this project. Saturday afternoon, I stopped by my brother, Jeff's old boss and friend, Wayne. This is also a shocker, but Wayne needed my help in a Professional Engineer capacity. It only took 15 minutes and then Wayne and his wife insisted I stay for dinner, we had prime rib. After I left Wayne's I checked my phone and saw I had missed a number of calls. I got a hold of Chris and Rebecca and they had a group at Fishbones in Delafield. I told them I would join them, it was Missy's birthday. Here is Missy blowing her birthday cake or what was left of it after the fact.Here is the picture that Angela insisted that I delete. I told her I did, but I didn't. I don't think she reads my blog anyhow.While at the bar, I was talking with Chris and I told him that I had a place in Eden, just because it is such a waste of time to spend 2 hours a day driving back and forth. At least that is how I feel, The General on the other hand just loves 2 hours a day in a car. But Chris nicknamed it "The Garden of Eden". You are all more then welcome to come up and visit. Although I will not be around on weekends. I really don't do too much while in Eden. My typical day is up at 6:30, on the job site by 6:35. I am literally that close to the project. I work until at least 5:00 p.m. and I if I am lucky, I can break away for 20 minutes to grab some lunch. I get back to my place (I will get pictures of it up soon), I relax, take a shower and then work out. And by 6:30 - 7:00 I get out on my bike for a ride. I have an 8 mile loop that I do. It isn't too bad, and actually the other day, I got my ride in as the sun was going down and it was a great sun set. So starting last night, I started taking my camera with me to grab some photos. Here is what I got.I actually bike right through the middle of the a wind farm. It is sort of cool. When you get close to the wind mills you can hear the blades slice through the air.I am a sucker for sunsets, and for some reason I like taking pictures of them. Maybe this weekend, if I am not too lazy, I will crawl out of bed early to get some sun rise pictures on the lake front. I have never done that before.I thought this was a cool shot of a country road with a farm off in the distance and pastures on either side.I easily wasted 20 minutes taking sunset pictures out there. But is it a nice area with a lot of rolling hills. It is actually a great bike workout.After my bike ride, I put my bike away and go for a walk around the block to cool down. This is the view looking out one end of the alley that my place is on.This is the Eden Meat Market. If you look close, under the light is an electric hoist. They apparently cut deer during deer season. I am guessing that they skin the deer back here. I hope I get the opportunity to check out their operation before I leave Eden. Maybe I can give them some pointers from the "Head Boner".I like playing with the lens exposure on my camera. I caught this train going through town on my walk around the block.Here is Main Street Eden. My place is up about three or four buildings on the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Jim Gantner (former Milw Brewer) in Eden?

Rickie Davies said...

No.