Monday, September 21, 2009

More Camping Photos

Here are some pictures from the weekend that I got from Schoen. I guess you could call these mugshots.
Bob / Red BoneJoe / EdEricNate / Tubbs / Buddy / PhobosThis is Eric's Brother in Law, Troy, but we called him Chaka (from the Land of the Lost).WallyDougTimI didn't have any pictures of me hitting the beer bong, but Schoen got one.Dinner. I am getting hungry again just by looking at it. Even though I rarely ever eat steak, I always do on this trip.Now you understand why we called him ChakaPotato guns.Borky being BorkyUnloading wood for the campfire. Schoen would take pictures while we worked to document the event.Wow, I am really losing my hair. And the hair that I do have is starting to turn gray. I was told this a number of times. Not good.Wait, that last picture wasn't Borky being Borky, this is Borky being Borky.It was a fantastic weekend, I want to thank all of the guys who showed up. It really is a great group of guys. I can only one argument in the four years that I have been going on the trip, and that was when Red Bone and U2 Bob got into a debate over their political views. But after Borky put a can of Beef-a-rino in the campfire without venting it, and the can exploded and some Beef-a-rino landed on U2 Bob's head. And not only did U2 Bob end up with a burn on his head, but when it landed on his head, U2 Bob went running like a mad man, hit a chair with his big toe and split the end of it wide open. Now U2 Bob doesn't come any more.
But back to the point that I was trying to make. It is so laid back and relaxing, when necessary everyone pitches in to help out. A big thanks to Bob and Nate for shuttling everyone back and forth from the launch.
Also thank you to Doug for the great fireworks. When I got dropped off at the launch Sunday afternoon, one guy said to us, "You must have been the guys making all of that noise. It sounded like the 4th of July over again."
To Nate, Tim and Eric, who cooked up the dinner each night. Nate made some amazing pulled pork. He strained off the grease and marinade juices into a cup. Of course we had to give it a taste, and while it sounds a big gross as well as being extremely bad for you, it tasted great. I know, I know, but it was delicious.
Tim the steaks, well it is an understatement to say that they were great, but they were.
Schoen thanks for a second set of pictures to post.
If I am missing something I apologize. I am already looking forward to next years trip.

No comments: