Thursday, September 10, 2009

U2

Saturday I am headed down to Chicago, Soldier Field as a matter of fact to see U2. It will be my first time in Soldier Field since I saw the Grateful Dead in 1995. A little research on line, and I found that this is pretty much the setlist for the show. I am pretty excited.
Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
Mysterious Ways
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Unknown Caller
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Oliver's Army (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)MLK
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Bad / 40 (snippet)

Encores:
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

You can't really complain about a show like that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the set list. Going to the Sunday show---can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Rick,
Do you ever get disappointed when you pull a band's set list and they don't play a song. It's kinda like christmas day opening up a present when you already know what it is.
Tree

Rickie Davies said...

Tree,
Of course I get dissapointed when I look at a band's setlist and they don't play a song I want to hear. For instance, I would really like to hear U2 play "One Tree Hill" (no pun intended) and "Exit". But what they plan on playing will keep me relatively happy. I saw CSN a long time ago, and I really wanted to hear "Suite Judy Blue Eyes". So it happens. But I try not to get upset about things that are out of my control.