Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Windy Apple

I didn't wake up too early on Sunday morning. I needed some time to recover from the show. I was up at 8 in the morning, and while the rest of my fellow concert goers continued to sleep, I decided to get out and walk around one of the biggest cities in the world. I don't get to Chicago often enough and when I do, I am normally in a rush to get some place or some event. It was actually nice to take some time and explore the city. I think Chicago is just a great city. They have a lot of parks. And it appears to be a very active town. I walked along Lake Shore Drive, and was pretty amazed by the number of people that were out running, walking, biking or even swimming.
I think Chicago has a great skyline. It is pretty amazing when you drive in from Milwaukee and as I-94 and I-90 meet north west of the downtown, there is always a huge bottle neck, but that is also when you see that great sky line.

No comments: