Friday, September 04, 2009

What is next?

A happy Friday to all of you.
I think that September is my favorite month of the year. The weather is still enjoyable, and even if it gets down in the 40's, the next day, or better yet, the next hour could be in the 70s. The mornings are crisp. Football season starts. But I have alot planned for the month of September.
This weekend, I am planning on crashing Stu's fantasy football draft for a while, then I am headed to the Brewer game. There is a pretty good chance it will be my last Brewer game of the year. Sunday, my old roommate, Joe (a loyal blog reader), and his wife, Dawn, are holding the "Not So Amazing Race", a scavenger hunt around Madison. I am teamed up with The General. The other night after the fantasy football draft, he and I discussed our stratedgy for the "Not So Amazing Race". It wasn't much of a discussion. But we both agreed that going into this race we are probably picked as heavy underdogs. Most likely we will be the last ones back and come in last place, however I doubt many other teams will have as much fun.
Next weekend, the 12th, I am headed down to Chicago for the U2 concert with Liquid, Doug and Lynn. I was shocked to learn that parking at Soldier Field is $45. 45 F'ing dollars!!!! I hope we get a free car wash with that parking space. On Sunday I am headed to Madison to watch some soccer and an ironman triathlon.
The following weekend is the camping trip on the Mississippi. It is such a great trip, and even though I have invited any other male readers to come along on the trip, I have no takers. You have no idea what you are missing out on. But I know our group will have fun without you. The only thing I am worried about is the temperature of the water. I think this is my 4th year going. The first year I went on the trip, I think I was still training for a triathlon, or I had just finished one, and I felt like swimming across the river. When I got to the other side I was greeted by some discomfort and pressure in the lower gasterial intestinal region that required that it be releaved. And every year since, on Saturday afternoon, I swim to the other side of the river to cut a duce. I know probably to much information.
The last weekend of the month, takes me back down to Chicago for Dave Matthews at Tinley Park. I wonder how much they charge for parking?
And that takes me into October, where that first weekend I will be back in Minnesota for the Badger / Gopher game. Wait...can I even call it a game? The Gophers are pretty bad. But they do have a new stadium, so I don't know if I will even be able to get my hands on tickets.
So that is the next month for me. And I am in a good mood today because I am only working until noon. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myra & I just got tix to Tinley.
Lisa