Friday, November 16, 2007

ASCE Meeting

Last year at my performance review with work, I was asked by my bosses to going a professional organization. In the spring I joined the American Society of Civil Engineers. I have since gone to the annual state meeting in Madison. And yesterday the northeast chapter of Wisconsin had a meeting. I decided to go to impress my boss. Anyhow, the meeting included going to the National Railroad Museum. It was actually pretty interesting. That is the most exciting thing that has happened to me this week. But things will pick up this weekend. I am headed up to Minnesota this afternoon for the Badger Game. I am flying out of the Green Bay airport. I am pretty excited about a 1 hour flight rather than the 5 hour drive. Tonight I am staying with Borky. Tomorrow is the game and I am staying with my friend, K.O., downtown Saturday night. Sunday I am headed to Krum's place to watch the Packer game. I promise to have exciting pictures. But here are the boring ones from the National Railroad Museum.
This is mid tour, while learning about the U.S. Army #101, a Pershing-class steam engine.
This is the Union Pacific Big Boy No. 4017. The world's largest steam locomotive. Pretty much the pride of the museum.This is the British Railways A4 Class No. 60008 Dwight D Eisenhower. The General's World War II command train.

No comments: