Monday, May 05, 2008

Breast Cancer Walk

Saturday morning I did the Breast Cancer Walk at the Lake Front. Some people are surprised that I would do this walk every year. I do the walk for two reasons. #1. I am a big big fan of the breast, what guy isn't? #2. And more importantly, my friend, Linda, whom I met through Michel, and stood up with in Nate and Michel's wedding, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about four years ago. I have done the walk with Linda and her group every year since. I am still waiting for the year when the weather is nice. Every year it is highly overcast and it always rains during some part of the walk. Here are Nate and Michel. Here is Elery walking in circles with his stroller.
Here is a group shot of the girls with the lake in the background. Starting in the back left and working clockwise are, Amy, Linda, Michel, Julie, Nicky and Kim. I did learn while we were on the walk that Kim is actually a reader of my blog. I am always surprised when I come across a reader. I find it hard to believe that people are actually interested in my life. Kim went on to tell me that she read about my washing my baseball hats and told her husband that he should do the same. Kim, I am happy to have you along as a reader.

No comments: