Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

For me it was a good holiday weekend. The weather was great, I would have liked it a little warmer, but I am not complaining. So let me get right to telling you what I did. Friday night I went out in the Appleton area with Mark, Suzanne and Kevin. The highlight of the evening was stopping in to the Radison Hotel bar and playing trivia. I will spare you the details of how handily I won. Saturday morning, I headed down to the Milwaukee area. Saturday afternoon was my brother, Dan's, surprise birthday party. Earlier in the day, I stopped by my brother, Jon. I grabbed his wetsuit for my triathlon this coming weekend. I tried the suit on, it is a bit tight in the shoulders but it will be better than nothing. Here I am posing in the suit. Not flexing.On my way to Dan's for the party, I had to get there early to set up the music, I stopped at the Picnic Basket and picked up a Boomer. Look at this sub, Ham, Turkey, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Pickles, Mayo and Oily Italian Dressing. That is one good looking sub.How many kids can you get on a trampoline.My dad congratulating Dan on turning 40. Here come the Coonens. Dan and Jody. 40 years old. Wow is that old. Grandma and Joey.Here is Sherman, digging into his wallet to change out a $5. Is it shocking that I cleaned up in Sheepshead? I don't think so.After Dan's party, I stopped by Preston's for some more cards. The creeps were altogether. We played until around noon, then went to the local watering hole for a drink and some pool. Saturday ended up being a pretty late night, much later than I had expected. Sunday I went to grill out with Chris and Rebecca. Brats and burgers on the grill, and throwing some horseshoes. Chris has been run a little ragged the last couple of days and the medicine he is on to help him stop smoking really messes with his sleeping patterns. That being said, Chris kept falling asleep all afternoon.

I have been told that I need to add more video to my blog. So in the future when you see me, say that you want to shoot a video, and I will post it, as long as it is within the bounds of good taste and somewhat interesting or entertaining. Here is Dan reading my card that I gave him for his birthday.

Monday we got together at Preston's for another round of Sheepshead. Monday evening I got back up to Appleton and watched Saving Private Ryan. That just about takes care of my weekend. I would like to thank the Coonens for the early birthday present, Jon and Julie for always allowing me to stay at there place and Chris and Rebecca for dinner Sunday night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who smokes cigarettes now a days?!
-ick

Rickie Davies said...

Thankfully, fewer and fewer people.
Appleton is smoke-free. I wish they would do that for the whole state.

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight, Chris is trying to quit smoking and Rebecca is kissing him and smoking. NICE

Anonymous said...

we all have issues, don't we?????????