Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rollerskating

Saturday afternoon after the Breast Cancer walk, was my niece, Sarah's, birthday party. It was at Skateland in Waukesha. I was pretty excited about this party. Originally this was just a party for Sarah and her friends. But when I heard that they were going to Skateland, I told them that I was in. It has been a while since I strapped on the rollerblades. It didn't take long and I was back to true form. Here are the pictures from the party. Here is one of my other nieces, Abby.
Here are two of Sarah's friends, my sister in law, Sue, Sarah, and one of my other sister in laws, Jody. This was before Sue broke her wrist.
Sarah and Abby.
My nephew, Zack. It took him a while to get started, apparently his rollerblades he brought from home weren't good enough for him to use. After he whined for a while, my brother gave in and they rented another set of rollerblades that seemed to work.Sarah again. Sarah's friend (I should have learned their names), Sarah, and my brother, Jeff. I really just went to the party because I wanted to skate. I didn't spend all that much time sitting by the food, or skating with anyone. I was just out skating by myself. And I was very happy with that. It gave me plenty of time to work on my backwards crossovers.
Abby and Zack back at the table. Sarah blowing out the candles on the first of her two birthday cakes of the day. I will say it and I don't have a problem saying it either. Kids today are spoiled. Before anyone takes major offence to this, let me first say that I am part of the problem. Yes, I am a hypocrite. Did you read that Borky? I admitted that I am a hypocrite. See it isn't that hard to do. I spoil my nieces and nephews quite a bit. But I am an uncle, not a parent, I am allowed to do that.
Now I know I am going to take some grief from a number of you about this next video. This is from the races at Skateland. Of course I had to get out there and take a shot at the title. I ended up finishing second by about a foot to a 9 year old. Before any of you start in on me about me losing to a 9 year old, let me first say that none of you would have beat him. And I will also throw the challenge out there that none of you could beat me either.
I did manage however to win the adult race, in spite of the fact that I was forced to start 1/4 of a lap back. They blackballed me because of my superior skating ablity. As I eluded to earlier, over the course of the afternoon, Sue, fell down and hurt her wrist. I say it is broken. But as of Saturday evening she still had not made the trip to the hospital. Nor was she able to pick anything up with her left hand.
Here I am with the Party Panda at Skateland. I really wanted to dress up in the Party Panda costume. But I have a feeling that it wouldn't have fit.It is really too bad that Sue hurt herself, because that will only help ensure that future skating parties will not take place. I had a great time. I know that it was Abby's first time skating and I have a feeling that one of her birthday parties will be at Skateland. If anyone else is having any skating parties please feel free to send me an invitation, I am down for sure.


Later in the evening was Sarah's second birthday party of the day at my brother's house. Here is Sue's friend's husband digging a couple frog skins out of his wallet to pay me in Sheepshead. Fish on. It probably doesn't need to be said, but I will say it anyhow. I cleaned up at the Sheepshead table. That is right Dan, that is what I said, I took you to the cleaners. It isn't luck, it is called skill.The party was a combination party for Sarah and Erin. Here are Sarah, Erin and Abby while the girls were opening presents.Here is Joey Jeffery less then enthused with the present opening.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rickie I will take you to town any day in a rollerblade race. I can also easily take you on ice skates too. Even at 285, I can still fly on blades or skates.

Rickie Davies said...

Name the time and the place.

Anonymous said...

Well, we'll have to wait to winter and we can then race on my lake. As for the rollerblades, anytime is cool with me. Anytime there is another party and skateworld i'll take you easily in a race.

Rickie Davies said...

Let's just make it a party this Saturday at Skateland. I am free all afternoon.

Anonymous said...

haha, sorry i'm busy Rickie. I got football practice and I'm going to the Prime Quarter with my parents for dinner.