Monday, May 12, 2008

Crohns Walk

Saturday evening, I did the Crohn's Walk with the Bahr girls. Missy has Crohn's Disease. And in a show of support we did the walk with her.

Here is a group shot before the walk. Angela, Trinity, Rite, Missy, Dillion, Rebecca, Nevaeh and Vanessa.
Here is Dillion. I am not sure if he is crying or laughing in the picture.
After the walk, we stopped at a local watering hole for a drink or two. I suggested I get a picture of all the girls together, you know something nice that their parents would be proud of. And how do these girls act, they all grab a beer bottle and start sucking on it. Nice manners.
But I did finally convince them to take a nice picture, Missy, Trinity, Vanessa, Angela and Rebecca.The highlight of the evening was while we were at one bar. Vanessa got up to go to the bathroom. I managed to convince the other four girls to get up and leave the bar. To my surprise, they followed my lead and we all ran out of the bar with Vanessa in the bathroom. We then all hid around the corner of the bar and waited for her to walk out. I know, real mature. Here I am at the next bar with Angela.

I got a lot of positive reaction from the video I had of me and Vanessa in a beer slamming contest. She was unwilling to give it another shot. She said that he tummy hurt.

That is actually all the pictures I got for the weekend. I didn't take any on Mother's Day. Mother's Day was spent at my brother's house. Both my parents were there that evening for dinner. I hope every one wished their mom a Happy Mother's Day, because they all deserve it. And to my mom I would like to again wish her a Happy Mother's Day. How she dealt with us 5 kids I will never know. We were far from the best kids and I consider it a miracle that she didn't have a breakdown of some sort while raising us.

No comments: