Friday, May 16, 2008

On a Serious Note

If you know me, then you know I rarely take things seriously. But just today I have gotten a couple of emails about friends of mine or their families going through some hard times. And I would like to pass on a bit of this information to you.

First is my friend, Spider's father. I met Spider through Kaker my freshman year of college. I have only met Spider's father once. It was freshman year while a group of us were up in Minnesota. Spider's parent's invited us (Krum, Kaker, Justus and myself) over for dinner. I recall them putting out a great spread of hamburgers and beans for us and treating us like their own kids. And then their family dog, Boomer, humped my leg. Spider, pictured below is a very good friend of mine. And I actually also played some soccer with his brother, Chip.Spider's father was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has seemed to have metastasized to his liver. Spider's family has asked me to help spread their news to my friends & family so as to keep their father in your thoughts & prayers. Please check out this link to see Spider's dad's progress.

Secondly is my friend Trooper, see here with Krum. I met Trooper through Krum when I was living up in Minnesota. Every Thrusday we played indoor soccer and every Thursday Trooper schooled me in soccer. Trooper recently had brain surgery to remove a brain tumor. From my understanding, this whole tumor thing came out of no where. As I mentioned, I played soccer with Trooper about a year ago and he was in perfect health. Trooper is a genuine and good friend, it is hard to learn of his recent troubles. But as his name states, he is a Trooper. Here is Trooper's blog where he has been updating his condition.

These are two good friends of mine that are going through some hard times. If possible, keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are in my prayers. Annie