Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Butch's Shrimp Boil / Horse Shoe Tournament

Saturday was Butch's Shrimp Boil / Horse Shoe Tournament / 60th Birthday Party. A lot of stuff going on. It really has been a fun summer for me. It seems every weekend I have something going on that I look forward to all year. First it was the Freeman Party, Tom Brady's wedding, the 4th of July, the Wiffleball Tournament, Dave Matthews, and this past weekend the Shrimp Boil. As soon as I get there and I smell that shrimp boiling, I get all excited. As you can see from the picture, the shrimp get cooked up and dumped out on the table. Dig in. Angela and Kelly with the classic 16 candles pose. Never gets old.For the last 3 or 4 years I have been put in charge of the horse shoe tournament. Well sort of, I make up the brackets and figure out who plays who. But Angela helps me collect the money and set up the big board, although Angela will have you believe that I am her assistant. Then I let Martha take over and she makes sure that the correct people are up and playing. There is no way the tournament gets done without Angela or Martha.Rebecca and Butch (the Silver Fox) with his ice cream cake. I saw Adam take down two pieces right after it was cut. But a couple minutes later when I went looking for a piece it was all gone, so I went and had some more shrimp.Me and Angela.Angela and Denise with the big board.As mentioned it was Butch's 60th birthday. Here is Butch opening his presents. Here are a good portion of the Bahr cousins.Kirk got out his guitar at the end of the night.The horse shoe tournament started around 3 or so and went deep into the night. Butch and Chuck were the favorites going into the tournament and breezed through the winners side of the double elimination tournament. But they apparently got iced in waiting so long for the losers side and consolation bracket to finish up to see who they played in the finals. Adam and Chris then went on to beat them twice and win the whole thing. It was close to 10:00 by the time the tournament finished.Thanks for the party Butch and Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=folder guard pro ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg