Thursday, July 02, 2009

Holiday Weekend

This could arguably be the best weekend of the year for me. The work day today is just going to crawl by. Tonight after picking up Borky from the airport, the two of us are headed to Summerfest. The plan is the meet up with Joe, Kempen, Maas and Hedges, but my history with meeting people at Summerfest isn't all that great. We are either going to see Judas Priest or Whitesnake. "Hey Mike." (That is an ad libbed line from Old School when Frank is adding a little juice to the Dragon) I will probably say that 20 times tonight at the show. I can't believe that this will be the first time I will be down at the festival.

Tomorrow Nate, Eric, Borky, Doug, Tim and myself are taking the train to Chicago and Wrigley Field to cheer on our Milwaukee Brewers. It has been 6 years since I have been down to Wrigley, I am pretty excited. Plus, Nate Buddy has hooked us up with prime seats. Rumor has it we are first base line, field level, 10 rows back. This is also the core group that goes camping on the Mississippi every September. I will have to do some lobbying to get the date moved back a week, so that I can go to U2 one weekend and camp the next. When the train gets back into town the Big Bang should be going on. Although I might have to miss that, just to avoid the traffic. Plus I am going to have my own big bang going on Saturday.

Saturday is the 4th of July celebration at my aunt and uncle's on
View Larger Map'>Lake Waterville. I will have to feel out the crowd, but I have planned to host the Newlywed Game in the driveway. After all our family's newlyweds Tom Brady and Pocahontas will have just gotten back from their honeymoon. The evening will end with a fireworks display that I have spent far too many hours planning out.

Sunday I am headed back down to Summerfest for the last day. I am headed down there with Jon and Julie and some of their friends. I wouldn't expect too many posts between now and Monday. Then again, I wouldn't be expecting too many people to be checking in on my blog this weekend anyhow. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: