Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Man Hands

Last night I began the process of putting down carpeting in my basement for the third time. The first time I split red concrete acrylic sealer down the steps and onto the floor. Excellent. The second time the water line leading to the sink behind the bar burst in the winter. Now it is time for number three. One of my brother's friends, Steve, sells carpeting that goes into schools, hospitals and offices. The kind that come in 2 x 2 square pieces. I need to put to a thin coat of grout over the glue that remains from the last carpet installation. I got about a third of the basement done last night. I was going to put down more, but I had blisters all over my hand from troweling the grout around. It is so sad that a half an hour with a tool in my hands causes blisters so bad. Benefits of a desk job. I can recall when I worked construction in high school and college I had a set of nice an rough hands, but not any more.

I finished up the work on the floor Wednesday night and then took a picture of my right hand.
In case you can't tell their are 4 blisters on my hand and one on my finger. And I know half of you are thinking it, so leave the masterbation comments to yourselves.