Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Whitesnake at Summerfest

My long weekend started Thursday afternoon. After work I went straight to the airport to pick up Borky. From the airport we went directly to the State Fair Park and Ride to catch a shuttle to the Summerfest grounds. I sort of have a thing for carrying in alcohol to events. Obviously Summerfest has a no carry-in policy which I am adverse to adhering to. I have lost many a flask while being searched at the entrance. I no longer take any chances, and I tape a flask to the inside of my leg and haven't had a problem. While I was in the parking lot changing out of my work clothes and concealing my flask, Borky overheard these college kids in the car next to us say to one another, "Hey look at what these old guys are doing." Old guys? I am an old guy? It was a crushing blow but I have slowly become to accept that I am not a kid any more. It sucks, but it is the truth.
On to Summerfest, we had a number of people that we were going to meet up with and we seem to always decide on the Water Street Brewery deck. I think at one point we had nearly 20 people in our group. We then moved on to Jo Jo's Martini Bar for $10 martinis. The stage that Whitesnake was on happened to be right next to Jo Jo's. Shortly after they took the stage we moved over there. I don't know what it is about me, but for some reason I always ditch my group in an effort to get better seats. I said I was going to go and find seats for us. But obviously after the show starts it is impossible to find enough room for 4 or 5 people. However, it is rather easy to find some space for a skinny out guy to park for the show. And that is what I did. Well I had fun anyhow. Here are the pictures.
Eric and Borky. Jota and Maas.
Liquid, Doug and Joe.
We tried this picture quite a few years about when we were down in Clearwater for spring break. It turned out pretty well.
Liquid and Doug with Ertmann behind.
Jota flexing those teaching muscles.
Jota and Borky.
Eric.
Anna and Joe.
Borky and Jota again, ready to get their Whitesnake on.
Here are a couple of Whitesnake on stage.
This is my new friend, Lauren, who I met while trying to find some seats. She allowed me to share some of the bench with her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren is ADORABLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with Lauren?

Rickie Davies said...

She sobered up.