Thursday, July 30, 2009

Road Kill

This isn't a very good story, but this is the most exciting thing that has happened this week. I try to get some exercise in every day. Monday after work I went to for a bike ride, which I normally do every day after work. It is nothing special, I ride down the Honeycreek Parkway near my house down through Tosa down to Hawley Road and back. It is right around 7 miles. Anyhow Monday I was finishing up the ride and was about a block from my house when I popped the front tire. No, I didn't flip over the handle bars or anything. Tuesday after work I ran some errands including buying a new tube for my bike tire. It wasn't until 8:00 that I was able to get in a ride and test out the new tire. I always wear sunglasses when I bike along the parkway just because it is so wooded and there can be a lot of bugs which I don't want flying in my eyes. As I was coming down a long hill on the parkway I was cruising along probably going somewhere between 15 and 20 miles an hour. As I looked ahead I could see two kids dressed all in brown in the middle of the road. I figured they would move as I got closer, but as I got closer they weren't moving. It wasn't until I was nearly on top of them that I realized that they weren't kids, they were deer. I was able to hit the brakes a little to slow down and swerve to miss hitting one of them. I came within two feet of hitting the one deer.

2 comments:

Rickie Davies said...

Last night I went for another bike ride around 8:00 p.m. and came across another deer on in the same spot. It was a buck this time, but I couldn't tell how many points.

Tami K. said...

Your Dad would have said for you to go ahead and hit them. He's always looking for more venion for sausage, ect. (HA)