Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Looking Ahead

It is Wednesday, so I think it is safe for me to look forward to the weekend. It has been a while since a wedding, so why not go to two. Friday night I have a wedding for a co-worker. This will be only my second Friday wedding, but I do like them. I feel that people are still blowing off steam from the work day, plus they have 2 days to recover, therefore in most cases I find that people party a little harder on a Friday night. However, I am skeptical about the crowd at this wedding. As mentioned it is a co-worker, and he is actually marrying my boss' niece. Everyone in my department is invited, I think it wouldn't be the best option for my career to get out of control as I normally would at a wedding. And based on the bachelor party, which I briefly attended, I don't think these people party quite as hard as my friends and family. I plan on sitting in the back during the service. I will most likely be sitting with co-workers at dinner. Then I will send out the vibe from the bar for an hour or so and see if there are any takers, if not, I will slip quietly into the night and get out of there.
Saturday has some water volleyball scheduled, which will bring out the Gaylord Focker lines. Always an exciting and fun day. But I will have to leave early for my friend, Vanessa's wedding. There is no way that I am going to make it to the service, but I will be there for the dinner and reception. I am expecting this to be a replay of the shrimp boil, but with everyone dressed up and no horse shoes. It promises to be a fun wedding.
And with this weekend, it brings to a close the month of July. Is it just me or is this summer flying by?

No comments: