Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Inglorious Basterds

Last week I went and saw Inglourious Basterds. How can I go into a review of this movie without blowing the plot? I don't think I can, so if you want to see it don't read anymore. The movie is really two plots that get intertwined. The first story is about a Jewish girl who narrowly escape death as a patrol of the nazi army came to the house her family was hiding out at. Years later she again comes face to face with the leader of that patrol that killed the remainder of her family. She then plans out her revenge. The other story is one that you are aware of from previews. A patrol of Nazi killers (the Inglorious Basterds, led by Brad Pitt) roam Europe eradicating any Nazi they come across. In the end, the final plan of Brad Pitt's attack on the Nazis intertwines with the young Jewish girl's plan of revenge. I thought the film did a great job of relating these stories to each other. Sort of like an episode of Seinfeld. I would have liked to see more of the Inglorious Basterds attacks on the Nazis leading up to the end of the movie. I will admit some scenes are pretty graphic and not for the without a strong stomach, but I liked this movie. I give it a 7 out of 10. Next on the schedule is Zombieland.

No comments: