Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rooster

I hear this song on the radio a couple days ago and it triggered a memory. When I was in college, my roommate, Kevin, was in jazz band. Kevin plays the trumpet. Often to let off some steam after a bad exam, Kevin would come home, go to his room, turn on his stereo as loud as it would go and play Rooster by Alice And Chains. But Kevin wouldn't just listen to the song, he would play along with it on his trumpet. It was something to hear. I would classify Kevin as being smarter than myself, but for a while there he was playing that song a lot. And I had grown accustom to hearing Kevin on his trumpet and didn't think much of it. On one particular evening, Justus and Kaker were with me as we came into the place. As we walked in the front door, Kevin could easily be hear. Kaker turned to me and said "What the hell is that?" I said "Oh that is just Kevin." Kaker replied while laughing "Is that 'Rooster'?" "Yep"

No comments: