Monday, October 12, 2009

Zombieland

Last week I went and saw Zombieland. I would call this movie a cross between National Lampoons Vacation, The Breakfast Club, Fight Club and Night of the Living Dead. I actually liked this movie. I don't know if it is a dark comedy, or a light horror flick. One thing that makes this movie is the cameo that takes place. If you intend on seeing this movie, don't read up on it or watch any more previews, because if you know who makes a cameo, it won't take you by surprise when they come on screen. It is a pretty short movie. The one thing that drove me crazy through the whole movie was that I couldn't figure out where I had seen the leading actress, Emma Stone. For those wondering, she was in "Superbad". I give this movie 7 out of 10. The one weird thing about this movie and another reason to see it in the theater, is when you walk out of the movie, because basically everyone in the movie was a zombie, you expect to see zombies everywhere when you walk out. You are a little quicker to your car, and you unlock the car door a little quicker than you normally would. And there is something of a sense of relief once you are finally on the road and driving.

No comments: