Monday, April 02, 2007

The Last Comment

I realize that this is pretty much a dead issue. But I would like to get the final word in on the fact, that because I drink too much, get forcibly removed from a bar, and the police are called to intervene, that I am responsible for drunk driving deaths. Since the incident I have contacted the Breckenridge Police Department. While an official police report was never filed, I did manage to get a copy of the on site officer's daily activity log, which can be seen below. I am the last line on the first page. The highlights of the evenings events other than the 20 minutes she spent speaking to me include: a verbal warning for a headlight out, a parking ticket, a written warning for speeding, 15 minutes on radar enforcement, a verbal warning for an illegal turn, two noise complaints and assisting on a domestic disturbance. Hardly anything life and death in there. And while I am sure I did nothing to impress Officer Lynn, talking to me may very well have been the highlight of her evening.

No comments: