Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday Night I was suppose to meet up with Krum. I talked to him earlier in the day, and he said that we would meet up at his place around 7 or 7:30. I got there around 7:45 and Krum is no where to be found. I call him, no answer. While I am waiting around, I call up Borky and he says that he is with a group down town. Since I was at Krum's and the light rail station is right there, I decided to ditch Krum since he shined me and head downtown Minneapolis. I get about half way there, and Krum calls me. I told him that I would meet up with him later in the evening. I get downtown and Borky gives me somewhat questionable directions to the bar that they are at, and I end up taking the long route there, but eventually find them. At this point of the evening things aren't looking too good, I got shined by Krum and then lost walking around downtown Minneapolis. I go with Borky and company to the Melting Pot. We sit down and have a drink and then I touch base with Krum. He is going to a bar on the northwest side called Mayslacks to see a band called The Dollys. It is a Dolly Parton cover band that is playing in this blue collar bar. Borky and I have another drink with his group and then cab it over by Krum. The band was actually really good. The girls were all great singers. Then at the end of the night Borky and I cabbed it back to his place and watched Reservoir Dogs until 3 in the morning. Saturday night I went over by Browny and grilled out there, then we went to meet Krum again at a bar called The Triple Rock to see this Japanese band. They were awful. I know nothing too exciting of a weekend, but for my last weekend here in the Twin Cities I got a decent amount of stuff in and saw quite a few people. Here are some pictures from Saturday night.
Here is the band. Doreen guessed that one of their songs was called "I am getting a gun because I want to shot myself". We only stuck around for 4 or 5 songs, but they all sounded the same. They started off real slow and quiet and ended way too loud.

Me, Krum and Brown, what a bunch of dorks.Browny, Doreen and Krum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

F'n Browny. Rockstar.

-Bubs