Friday, April 20, 2007

Work work work

Nothing too exciting up here in Minnesota. I am preparing for my move to Appleton. In the event that anyone cares my new address is as follows:

Richmond Terrace
400 North Richmond Street
Unit 444 (I am guessing that is the length, just kidding)
Appleton, WI 54911

Now that you know where I live you are all welcome to come and visit. However, I heard the same thing when I moved to Minnesota, so I am not holding my breath on having too many visitors, but you people have surprised me from time to time.

I am planning on moving on Wednesday morning, and the plan was not to come back to Minnesota. Well things got screwed up last night at work. It was the acceptance testing for the bridge. I had the prime contractor, the sub contractors, the DOT and my companies top bridge engineer all on site to test the bridge out. at around 1:30 in the morning one of the four pumps that runs the bridge started acting funny and then pretty much just shut down. That halted testing and could mean that I will now be running back and forth from Appleton to Prescott on a weekly basis. It was just great timing. That pump has been workign fine without a problem for 16 years, and it decides to go last night. In case you are wondering, no we didn't make any adjustments for changes to the pumps as part of my project. It is unrelated to the work that we did. I haven't figured out how to post videos on my blog, but I do have some uninteresting video I shot last night of the bridge opening before it broke of my bridge opening. I posted it on You Tube. Here it is. It starts opening pretty slow, but once it is past the mating stage, the bridge actually moves rather fast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are moving this week? Shoot. Whose blog will I send my single friends to? Appleton is a nice place to live. I think you will like it. I thought at some point I would have the chance to meet you if you went out with the other single female colleague I sent your way but alas that didn't work out. I may continue to read your blog on occasion. Good luck.

Rickie Davies said...

Yes I am moving this Wednesday. But you can still read my blog, and if you are ever in Appleton, look me up, I will let you buy me dinner.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you curious who sends single women to your blog? Or have you already guessed?

Rickie Davies said...

I have no idea. Who?