Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Tree Requested Story

This story was requested by Tree, and it goes back to the days when I was just fresh out of college, I know that Tree was in his last semester of college at Whitewater. And Justus was also at Whitewater at the time. Tree was living with his now wife, girlfriend then, Heather. I came into Whitewater with Preston, Stu and Brandon. We met up at Tree and Heather's apartment and then went out to hit the bars of Whitewater. Justus at the time was working as a bouncer at some bar and was telling us how cool that bar was and that we should stop in. We got there and the place was dead. We got some drinks and then the five of us, Tree, Preston, Stu, Brandon and myself thought it would be fun to pick on the bouncer (Justus). So we started pushing him around. I think I was the most rambunctious of the group and kept on grabbing Justus just below the knees and trying to tackle him to the floor. I was following him around the bar wherever he went. Justus actually found this quite annoying. But I had the other 4 guys with me, so there really wasn't much Justus could do. Eventually people started filing into the bar and it was getting more and more busy. But I was still harassing Justus. I think he finally just got sick of it and told Preston to get me out of there. Now mind you, I was far from drunk at this point, but I was just having a very good time picking on Justus. And everyone but Justus thought it was funny. The five us of left that bar and were out the rest of the night until bar time. At which point we started the walk back to Tree and Heather's apartment. I was still in a pretty rambunctious mood and as we were walking I was staying a couple steps behind Tree. And every once in a while, I would come up behind Tree and tackle him to the ground. Believe it or not, Tree found this pretty annoying. I had tackled Tree probably 4 or 5 times, and Tree finally said, "Hey Rick, that isn't funny anymore, if you do it again I am going to bring the hurt down on you!!" If you know me at all, idle threats of pain mean absolutely nothing to me. So it was about a minute or two later, we were walking across the front lawn of a frat house and I tackled Tree. And then it was on. After I got Tree to the ground, he quickly had me pinned and then Stu came to my rescue and tackled Tree, then Preston and Brandon piled on. It was pretty much Wrestlemania. This battle royale had been going on for a good five or six minutes. I am guessing we were making quite a bit of noise, since the lights of the frat house started coming on. At this point I think it is safe to say it was somewhere around 3 in the morning. A couple of the frat house guys came walking out and yelled to us, "Hey get off of our lawn!!!" At which point we all stopped and looked up at them. I would estimate that between the 5 of us, our average size was all of 6' 2" and around 220 lbs. I think it was Tree who yelled back at them, "We will leave when we are ready to leave!!" The frat guys answered back "Sounds good to me. Thanks." So that is the Whitewater Wrestlemania story.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty funny, made me laugh out loud

S.L.

Anonymous said...

hey... that's Larry "the axe" Hennig

Anonymous said...

I CAN STILL REMEMBER THAT THE BAR WAS CALLED "THE HUDDLE". THEY HAD A $5 COVER AND .25 CENT PITCHERS OF BUSCH LIGHT. I BELIEVE THAT JUSTUS GOT US IN FOR FREE. AFTER THAT NIGHT, JUSTUS DID NOT WORK THE DOOR AGAIN.

-BUBS

Anonymous said...

it's the Axe you retard.

Anonymous said...

Noooo...it looks like a retard with a white hair helmet that is on speed.
Tree