Thursday, April 12, 2007

Picture of the Day

This picture was taken on June 26, 2000 in Cleveland, Ohio. I spent a good share of that summer in Cleveland. On this particular day I was headed to see the Three Tenors. Can anyone name all three? Plácido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti and the other guy. Do you know the other guy? Anyhow, they were playing at Cleveland Browns Stadium, seen here in the background. Kind of a funny story. I went just to say I went. I planned on scalping a ticket, but couldn't find any scalpers as I was walking towards the stadium. Finally I asked a police officer, no doubt distracting him so he couldn't be arresting drunk drivers, and he actually pointed out the scalpers for me. On this day, it was hot out. I think by mid afternoon it was well over 100 degrees. I remember as I was walking around the stadium, I stopped and talked to some security guys and had them take my picture. Just after they took my picture they got a call that another person passed out. There were a bunch of old people who were all dressed up for the concert and couldn't handle the heat. They were dropping like flies. I walked by one of the tunnels that lead to the end zone seats which were directly in the sun, and there were people laid out everywhere on the ground. Paramedics were just pouring water on all of them. I should have taken a picture of that.

No comments: