Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Classic Nate

I met up with Nate this weekend and this story came up. At the time of this story, I was living at my house with Andy and Nate. We had just finished up a weekend of drinking at the bars. Nate and Michel were in an argument. I can't recall what she was mad about, but I know she was pretty pissed. The three of us were sitting in the living room watching Monday Night Football. Nate had just finished telling us why Michel was mad at him and that she was going to call him that night when she got home from work. I told Nate, that when Michel calls to go in to his room to talk to her, because Nate would normally talk to Michel while watching TV and not really pay attention to what she was saying which only got him in more trouble. I am sure this is a situation most women out there can relate to. The football game was nearly half time and the announcers just said, "Coming up at halftime, the greatest hits of all time on Monday Night Football." To which Nate proclaimed "I am not missing that." A couple of minutes later, the announcers say, "After this commercial break the greatest football hits we have ever seen on Monday Night Football". Next thing, Michel calls. I again told Nate to leave the room, but he gave me the "Don't worry about it, I can handle it" hand signal. The show comes back on, Nate is still talking on the phone. 30 seconds into the highlights someone just gets absolutely leveled, to which all three of us all let out an "OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Here was Nate and Michel's conversation after that:

Michel: "Oh my God, what was that?"

Nate: "We are just watching the greatest hits on Monday Night Football."

Michel: "You weren't even listening to what I said."

Nate: "Sure, I was."

Michel: "What did I just say?"

Nate: "When?"

Click the phone went dead.

Nate hung up the phone and said "She will call back."

No comments: