Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Selfish Fan

I really enjoy watching the Packers and the Badgers do well. It was a little disheartening to see both of them lose this past weekend. However in the grand scheme of things this is a good thing. At least for a selfish fan such as myself. As much as I would like to see the Packers go 16 - 0 or for the Badgers to go undefeated and in the National Championship game, for me as a fan it is a little better if they end up with records of 10-6 and 9-3. Why do you ask? Ticket scalping. I had heard that tickets for Sunday's Packers - Bears game were going for $700 a piece. Way too expensive for me. But if both teams are hovering around the .500 mark those ticket prices come way down. Now that I am living in the Fox Valley Area, I would ideally like to get to at least one more, possibly two more Packer games. I have already booked a flight to Minneapolis to see the Badgers when they play the Gophers. If the Badgers were undefeated going into that game, tickets would be hard to come by. But if they manage to drop one more game, tickets should be easy to find, because the Gophers are horrible. And with the Badgers just having an above average season, not everyone and their brother will be making the trip. So go Packers, go Badgers, but don't win too many games.

No comments: